The Sexual Violence Recovery Toolkit Facilitator Training has been developed to train individuals or agencies who are working with women who have experienced sexual violence and or abuse, to deliver the Sexual Violence Recovery Toolkit programme. The facilitator training takes place over 2 days, and once completed, delegates will be qualified to facilitate the 12-week support programme.
The programme and facilitator training has been independently peer reviewed in 2022.
About the Sexual Violence Recovery Toolkit Programme
The Sexual Violence Recovery Toolkit programme has been developed for women who have experienced acquaintance, dating, and stranger rape.
It is an evidence-based programme that supports clients to be the expert, and at the centre of their own recovery.
The 12-week group programme uses a trauma-informed and a psycho-educational approach to enable clients to move forward from the trauma of experiencing sexual violence. It supports participants to develop positive lifestyle coping strategies, restoring a sense of safety and enabling people to return to active citizenship.
Cardiff Sexual Assault Referral Centre piloted and continue to deliver the original Sexual Violence Recovery Toolkit Programme.¬†You can download the evaluation report here.
Aims of the programme
- To help individuals who have experienced sexual violence and are in a position to take part in a group to come to terms with their experiences and to develop a positive coping strategies and lifestyle
- The programme supports participants to better understand their experience, based on the theory that with increased knowledge the better equipped participants are to deal with the impact of it and therefore their own recovery and well-being
- Sexual violence myths
- Psychoeducation on autonomic nervous system
- Introduction to self-esteem
- Perpetrators of sexual violence
- Post-traumatic stress
- Self-esteem and affirmations
- Being assertive
- Intimate relationships post disclosure
- Building healthy relationships
- Guilt and shame
Please note, this programme is not suitable for participants under the age of 18.
About the Facilitator Training
This training is delivered over 2 consecutive days.
Delegates are provided with all the information and materials they will need to run the programmes, including a manual containing guidance for facilitators, weekly session plans, handouts and other materials.
You do not need to have run groups before as this will be covered in the training.
Click here to see our Requirements for Delivery.¬†
Training aims and outcomes
- Workforce is motivated and inspired to adapt their interactions with people through trauma informed practice
- Increased understanding of the short and long-term impact of sexual violence
- Increased understanding of how trauma impacts on behaviours and life choices
- Increased understanding of neuroscience research in relation to trauma
- Increased understanding of the principles and practices of trauma informed approaches
- Professionals are familiar with the underpinning principles of the Sexual Violence Recovery Toolkit Programme
- Delegates are provided with the tools and resources to confidently facilitate group work for people who have experienced sexual violence
Comments from facilitators trained
“It was an excellent course from start to end, I believe just learning all the sections and thinking about ways I can deliver it myself.”
“The trainer was informative, interesting and insightful. She allowed in to get involved with the material in a meaningful way, rather than just reading to us/telling us about the course.”
“The trainer tackled a very difficult subject with thoughtfulness, realism and knowledge. The manual that was provided to accompany the course is well laid out and I will also be able to use it as a reference guide for other areas of trauma informed practice.”
The price of this training course is ¬£550 plus VAT per delegate.
Who should attend
- Independent sexual violence advisors
- Domestic abuse workers
- Family support workers
- Neighbourhood teams
- Early help workers
- Housing sector workers
- Voluntary sector workers
- Health practitioners
- Other frontline health and care professionals
The price includes a license (with no ongoing fees) to run the appropriate Programme, once the training course has been successfully completed.
This 2 day training course will provide delegates with a comprehensive manual which includes guidance for facilitators, weekly session plans, all handout and materials to run the programme.¬† Delegates also receive a memory stick with all the programme handouts included.
The price of this training course is ¬£550 plus VAT. This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the training days. There is no need to have any previous group work experience to attend this course and run the programme.
There are conditions attached to the Sexual Violence Recovery Toolkit Programme, as highlighted below. Following the training, the newly trained facilitator will be responsible for ensuring participants of their facilitated Sexual Violence Recovery Toolkit programme complete anonymised feedback forms about their delivery and the Toolkit programme and return them to Rock Pool. It will be standard practice for the facilitator to return an anonymised data return form to Rock Pool every time the Sexual Violence Recovery Toolkit programme is completed. This enables us to put some measurements in place, and we will be able to share the outcomes with all organisations who run the programme.
The customer may cancel a training course provided that written notice is given to the supplier at least 28 days before the first training date.
If the notice to cancel is provided less than 28 days before the first training date, no refund will be made to the customer.
If the notice to cancel is provided more than 28 days before the first training date, 100% of the charges will be refunded to the customer.
Click here to view Rock Pool‚Äôs Training Courses Terms and Conditions