About the training
The training will explore trauma theory and how the Acceptance of a trauma model offers the potential for recovery.
It enables delegates to understand that by exploring the Behaviours that result from trauma it is possible to understand that it is ‚Äėwhat happened‚Äô to the child or young person that resulted in coping strategies that can be destructive to the individual, family and society.
By being Curious as individuals we can facilitate a collaborative culture to promote healing and autonomy.
Rock Pool‚Äôs training courses use a trauma-informed psycho-educational model.
We facilitate a safe space to ensure learning and promote collaboration. Our training is designed to be strengths based and skills building.
At Rock Pool, we recognise that all learners have different ways of receiving, understanding and making sense of new information.
All our courses are designed to facilitate all learning styles and we aim to give delegates practical tools and confidence to improve their practice.
Our team of trainers are sector experts who can bring genuine insight and valuable practical experience to the training room. It is important to us that we share valuable knowledge and expertise to support you to support others.
This is a half day course that we run twice in one day and is for up to 50 delegates each session, enabling you to train up to 100 delegates in one day.
- To inspire and motivate the workforce to adapt their interactions with people through trauma informed practice
- For professionals to have a better awareness of how trauma from early age manifests itself in behaviour and life choices of children, young people and adults
- To gain awareness on the links between trauma, attachment, behaviour and triggers
- To improve awareness of developmental trauma, toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences
- To have an awareness of neuroscience research in relation to trauma
- To have an awareness of the principles and practices of trauma informed approaches
- To have an awareness of the impact of vicarious trauma
- Increased awareness of how trauma impacts on behaviours and life choices
- Increased awareness of trauma, attachment, behaviour and triggers
- Increased awareness of developmental trauma, toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences.
- Increased awareness of neuroscience research in relation to trauma
- Increased awareness of the principles and practices of trauma informed approaches
- Workforce are motivated and inspired to adapt their interactions with people through trauma informed practice
- To have an increased awareness of the impact of vicarious trauma
All course materials.
The customer may cancel a training course provided that written notice is given to the supplier at least 28 days before the first training date.
If the notice to cancel is provided less than 28 days before the first training date, no refund will be made to the customer.
If the notice to cancel is provided more than 28 days before the first training date, 100% of the charges will be refunded to the customer.