The ABC of Trauma Practitioner Training is a CPD accredited one-day course that will enable practitioners working with children, young people and adults to understand the impact of trauma including adverse childhood experiences, trauma-informed practice and strategies to use to promote protective behaviours and develop resilience.
About the training
The training will explore trauma theory and how the Acceptance of a trauma model offers the potential for recovery. By exploring the Behaviours that result from trauma it is possible to understand that it is âwhat happenedâ to the child or young person that resulted in coping strategies that can be destructive to the individual, family and society.
We believe that by being Curious as individuals we can facilitate a collaborative culture to promote healing and autonomy. We introduce simple activities to promote curiosity with those we support.
This one-day training course is for up to 25 delegates and is delivered direct to your organisation.
TrainingÂ Outcomes and Objectives
- To inspire and motivate the workforce to adapt their interactions with people through the principles and practices of traumainformed practice
- For professionals to be able to understand how trauma from early age manifests itself in behaviour and life choices of children, young people and adults
- To have an increased understanding on the links between trauma, attachment, behaviour and triggers
- To improve understanding of developmental trauma, toxic stress, adverse childhood experiences & positive childhood experiences
- To improve knowledge and provide simple practical tools on how to support children, young people and adults in their journey of recovery & developing resilience
- To have an understanding of neuroscience research in relation to trauma
- To understand the principles and practices of trauma-informed approaches
- To increase understanding of the impact of vicarious trauma
Who should attend
- Social workers
- Family support workers
- Neighbourhood teams
- Safeguarding adult teams
- Early help workers
- Housing sector workers
- Voluntary sector workers
- Health practitioners
- Police and police support staff
- Other frontline care professionals
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Toxic stress
- Neuroscience research
- Trauma-informed working
- Developing resilience and protective factors
- Working with adults and children and young people who have experienced trauma
- If you are interested and would like to find out more information about this training course or any of Rock Poolâs work, please contact us:
Tel: 01803 659191
All course materials.
The customer may cancel a training course provided that written notice is given to the supplier at least 28 days before the first training date.
If the notice to cancel is provided less than 28 days before the first training date, no refund will be made to the customer.
If the notice to cancel is provided more than 28 days before the first training date, 100% of the charges will be refunded to the customer.
Click here to view Rock Poolâs Training Courses Terms and Conditions